A corporate team is a group of people who work together for a common objective. Corporate teams can be office teams, work teams, sports teams, charity teams, or even virtual teams! The point is, they are a team of people who all have the same goal in mind. And one of the most important things you can do as a leader of a corporate team is to build team spirit. There are plenty of ways that you can do that – through team building exercises, team outings, and so on and so forth, but one of our favorite ways to get teams excited is through corporate team jackets.
Why should you get your team their own jackets? The reasons are endless!
- Team jackets create a team image. Though we like to think that society isn’t judgmental, let’s face the truth – people get judged by the way that they dress all the time. A team jacket gives you the opportunity to take control and establish an image for both your team and your brand.
- Team jackets differentiate your team from others – Pretty much everyone in the world knows what the giant yellow “M” sign means. This is because McDonald’s has done an excellent job at branding themselves. Walk into the store, and you will see all of the employees dressed in similar clothing. This clothing distinguishes the employee from others around them. Well, you can brand yourself too! Corporate team jackets are a great way to show off your brand personality, and distinguish members of your team from others. This is especially important for sporting teams, who each have to have their own colors.
- Team jackets foster team spirit – When you give your team their own jackets, it fosters a sense of belonging and pride. And the more people feel that they belong, the harder they will work for the benefit of the team.
- Team jackets are free advertising – In fact, they are like a walking billboard for your team or company! Not only that, but they generate buzz. As soon as someone sees the jacket, it’s like to strike a response – “You work for X?” or “Your on the X cheerleading team?” and from there, it’s completely free word-of-mouth advertising for you!
How do you create a team jacket?
Step 1: Generate ideas. When it comes to creating a corporate team jacket, the skies the limit! Whether you want to keep things simple or go all out, the choice is completely yours – just make sure you put your teams personality into it. Having trouble coming up with ideas on your own? Use it as an opportunity to generate team spirit! Put your heads together as a team and see what amazing ideas you can come up with!
Step 2: Choose a logo: You may already have a team or company logo, but if not, now is a good time to create one. Your logo will be one of the most important aspects of your jacket, and will be important in distinguishing your team from others – so make sure you don’t skimp out on effort here.
Step 3: Choose your colors – What colors do you want your corporate team jacket to be? Do you already have team colors? If so, those would be good to use. If not, choose a color (or colors) that represents your brand.
Step 4: Think about your team name – If you’re considering creating team jackets, it’s probably safe to assume that you already have a team name. The key is to decide how you would like that name displayed. What type of font will you use? Will you display it horizontally or tilt it on an angle? If your name is composed of two words, will you put the words together, or put your logo in between? The more details you can come up with the better.
Here are a few additional tips for creating your corporate team jackets:
- Keep it simple – You can make your jackets as complex as you like, but history tells us that simple is always better. You don’t want to overwhelm your jacket or the people looking at it. A simple logo and team/company name is really all you need.
- Stick with 1-2 colors – Again, you don’t want your team jacket to be overwhelming. One to two colors is plenty!
- You don’t have to do it alone! Get your team together and make a date of it. Use your team spirit to put your heads together and create a corporate team jacket that the entire team will we proud to wear!